I’m Jenny Lemmons Magic. I write www.InsideOutHappy.com, which is the home of my Happiness Manifesto, and my attempt to understand what actually makes us happy, how we can intentionally choose to be happier. I keep finding evidence, both scientific and anecdotal, that proves we are much more in control of our joy than we tend to admit. I hope to harness all that inner happy power and tell the world.
When I’m not wearing my blogger superhero costume, I’m running a company dedicated to helping people get their story out (content strategy and creation) and making those words easy to find online. I’ve been working in marketing for over a decade, and finally made the leap to true entrepreneurship in 2008.
I’m a nut for finding out what makes people tick, modern poetry, arguing about almost anything, game night, power yoga, cheese, showing off water skiing, swimming, and just being outdoors.
- I love art museums and science museums and I cry almost every time I go to the symphony.
- My favorite time of day is that lull in the chaos just before dinner.
- Libraries are my temple and the smell of new books is a favorite.
- I’m a risk-taker who actually likes change.
- I love geeky science books and nature documentaries…
- … But I can’t keep a plant alive to save my life.
- I love, love, love technology and I get a kick out of seeing what’s under the hood.
- I have an on-again, off-again relationship with anything crafty, cooking, playing the piano, and learning French.
- I’m better at starting things than finishing them.
- There are hundreds of spots on my “to visit” list – my only overseas travels have been Russia and New Zealand.
- I have a million “favorite” things.
- I love experimenting with my dad’s old manual Pentax camera.
I love life, am usually overly exuberant about the sunshine, and generally think things are pretty grand.