Things I have done this week, each of which would make an interesting story if I would take the time to write:
- Driven 30 miles outside of town to watch the meteor shower until after midnight last night. Explained first to curious teens and then to a nice policeman why we were camping out with our lawn chairs in their neighborhood
- Eaten two delicious feasts al fresco prepared by mr. magic, both featuring veggies from our Suzie’s Farm CSA – Eggplant Moussaka for Melissa and flank stake and kebobs for our friends Jeff and Jackie. He perfectly replicated my favorite marinade from the Turf Club
- Sent my measurements to New York for a certain wedding accessory I couldn’t live without – dress envy strikes again
- Made DIY centerpieces with Scott and a friend from the Bridal Brigade while watching episodes of Entourage
- Took sample polaroids (sorry, Fuji, they will always be polaroids) for the guestbook with the world’s largest camera still on the market. – I left my hand in there for scale… I think I’m going to be an asian tourist for halloween with this as the main prop.
- Attended my first Board Meeting for NAWBO, spent 4 hours that only seemed like 15 minutes collaborating with great women about the coming year.
- Got asked informally if I’d consider being president-elect for said group of lovely ladies. Did the 3-second pause for humility and said yes.
- Plowed through a client’s book manuscript and started piecing together their Book Launch Newsroom and accompanying website (so excited about this development – we will formally launch our new tool soon!)
- Procrastinated on planning/ promoting our next Lunch & Learn which is bearing down on us – Aug. 25th! Gotta get in gear!
- Hosted another FABULOUS book club, where we AGAIN forgot to take any photos, but and 10 pm snuck up us in what seemed like minutes.
- Signed up for dance lessons with mr. magic
- Set a meeting with our venue’s new event coordinator to talk details
- Booked a facial and massages for me and my girls for just before the big day (Go Groupon, Living Social and Yelp Deals for having dance, facial and massage coupons this week! Saved a TON!)
- Found the perfect shade of everything in the cosmetic playground that is Sephora, then returned half because, really, what was I thinking?
I also made some new friends, landed some new clients, accidentally agreed to have my astrological chart read, read 80-bajillion blog posts on everything from online marketing to knock-knock jokes to wedding-planning-commiseration, commented and shared what I loved on Facebook, Twitter, snuggled with mr. magic, enjoyed this amazing San Diego summer weather, went to yoga etc, etc, etc. Love this life, running at 80 mph – we have it so, so good.